Why work at Strathfield Private?
Caption: Cardiothoracic Surgeon Dr Michael Byrom and his patient following life-saving emergency surgery from New Caledonia for aortic dissection
Strathfield Private Hospital in Sydney offers the latest treatments performed by some of Australia’s finest and experienced specialists.
Strathfield Private Hospital is also part of the Ramsay Health Care group and Ramsay prides itself on its close relationships with doctors, and a decentralised management structure
Today Ramsay operates 212 hospitals and day surgeries in five countries; treats 3 million patients and employs 50,000 people a year.
What does this all mean for you as a VMO? Competent local know how and the ear of the CEO - all underpinned by the global grunt power of Ramsay - one of Australia’s best-known blue chip health care companies.
Here are some hospital fast facts for VMOs:
Hospital fast facts
- A Sydney University Teaching Hospital
- Pioneering cardiac centre with excellent survival outcomes, even for patients in their 80s and 90s
- Generous marketing and GP education support to show GPs and the community what you do and help drive your referrals
- Award-winning Ramsay My Patient App – fingertip access to your scrollable patient list, admitted patients in your care, patient bed location and admission details
- A CEO “open door” policy for doctors and staff
- International kudos. Strathfield Private has run a Medivac program (CAFAT) transporting critically-ill heart patients from New Caledonia for life-saving surgeries for 30 years
- More than 300 staff
- Strathfield Breast Centre on site – with an average nine day turnaround from diagnosis to treatment
- New Hybrid theatre
- First robotic obesity procedure in Australia
- We cater for special dietary needs (Kosher, Coeliac, Diabetes or other)
- Onsite dietitian, pharmacy, radiology, pathology and imaging