Direct Access Endoscopy
Direct Access Endoscopy is a streamline service for cancer screening and G.I. health provided by Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre in Burwood. This service allows fast tracked access to colonoscopy and gastroscopy at Strathfield Private Hospital. Patients will no longer need to wait for the specialist consultation prior to the endoscopy and will have access to the procedure within 2-3 weeks of referral.
To be eligible for this service, patients must:
- Be under the age of 80
- Have uncomplicated health
- Take limited medication
- Be privately insured or self-funded
Direct Access Endoscopy is a no-gap billing service for Medicare eligible patients who are adequately insured. Patients will be required to pay the hospital excess based on their insurance policy. Overseas or self-funded patients can contact Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre on 02 8084 3831 for a quote.
How to refer
- GP to complete referral form - click here to download
- Send referral form to Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre via fax 02 8084 3881 or email email@example.com
- Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre contacts patient within 2 business days
- Eligible patients: Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre contacts patient for procedure booking and preparation
- Non-eligible patients: Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre contacts patient to confirm prioritised consultation prior to endoscopy
- Endoscopy completed at Strathfield Private Hospital, specialist meeting patient on the day
- Patient follow up completed in consultation room and report sent to referrer
Click here to read about Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre
Please contact Digestive Pelvic Floor Centre directly on 02 8084 3831 if you require assistance regarding a specific patient or would like to arrange an urgent endoscopy.